10.7.09

'Omelettes at dusk...'
06 July 2009


Sunday, 14th June 2009
Barcelona. Production build.
My bodyclock is all over the place now given the wildly irregular hours I've been keeping. I find myself craving omelettes at dusk and beer at dawn. All very odd.
Got a call from Bono this afternoon. He and Edge arrive tomorrow and he's simultaneously excited, terrified and confident about the whole thing. I assured him that upon arrival at the stadium it would probably take them all at least 48 hours just to come to terms with this extraordinary new set-up. I've observed people arriving all week and there really is an adjustment curve as they take on board what this thing means. ('It's a rock gig Jim, but not as we know it.')
Frankly I can't wait for the band to get here. I'm not nearly ready, having forfeited two nights' programming time to the Spanish police, but I am dying to get everyone on the same page and pointed in the same direction. Besides, I just want them to see it for real, this magnificent thing which we've talked about for so long.
Previous Willie Diary Entry here.

ource: U2.com

No comments: