22.6.09

Bono's 'independent' wife

June 22, 2009

Bono wishes his wife wasn't so "independent".

The U2 frontman fears his wife of nearly 27 years Ali Hewson doesn't need him as much as he needs her.

The 49-year-old singer said: "Our relationship has changed a lot. For a while I thought I was in charge, I was the hunter-protector.

"A few years ago it became clear somebody else was in charge, and I feel I hold on a lot tighter to her than she does to me, and that slightly bothers me. She's so independent and sometimes I wish she wasn't."
>
But no matter how bad his personal life got, Bono would never complain because he doesn't think "whinging" ever helped anyone.

He told Britain's Sunday Times newspaper: "I can't stand cranks and whingers. My favourite quality is lack of self-pity. I really like people who have none.

"I know people who have just a tiny fragment of difficulty and they spend the rest of their life walking with a limp and I don't think I've had much to overcome in my life.

"When you're a singer in a band, you stick your neck out for a living. You get used to knocks. And I've noticed that the spleen and ire of your enemy usually take them out, not you, so you don't have to do anything."

(C) BANG Media International


independent

No comments: