27.9.07

Espatodea by Nando Reis.



Nando Reis wrote the lyrics to his little daughter Zoe. He says she is his inspiration and he stays so emotional when sings in her presence. Espatodea Campanulata is a tree of the Bignoniaceae's family. Their root aren't profound and frequently its branchs fall down; this tree isn't a good option to urban centres. Gineceu are the female parts of a flower. This name is from the division in the old Greece, reserved only to the women. The male part is called androceu.
Read about Nando Reis, his life, his career, here



(Portuguese lyrics to Espatodea)

Minha cor
Minha flor
Minha cara

Quarta estrela
Letras, três
Uma estrada

Não sei se o mundo está bom
Mas ele está melhor
Desde que você chegou
E perguntou:
Tem lugar pra mim?

Espatodea
Gineceu
Cor de pólen

Sol do dia
Nuvem branca
Sem sardas

Não sei se o mundo está bom
Mas ele está melhor
Porque você chegou
E explicou
O mundo pra mim

Não sei se esse mundo está são
Mas pro mundo que eu vim já não era
Meu mundo não teria razão
Se não fosse a Zoe

(My English version to Espatodea)
My color
My flower
My face

Fourth star
Letters, three
A road

I don't know if the world is good
But it is better
Since you arrived
And asked:
Is there a place to me?

Espatodea
Gineceu
Color of pollination

Sun of the day
White cloud
Without freckles

I don't know if the world is good
But it is better
Because you arrived
And explained
The world to me

I don't know if this world is OK
But to the world that I came wasn't
My world wouldn't have reason
If wasn't Zoe

1 comment:

Rosi said...

Linda!!!!
very very beautiful!!!